American Statistical Association (ASA) Conferences
For travel to any ASA conference, including:
- With nearly 7,000 attendees, JSM is the largest gathering of
statisticians and data scientists in North America.
on Statistical Practice
- CSP brings together hundreds of statistical practitioners—including
data analysts, researchers, and scientists—engaged in the application of
statistics on a daily basis.
on Data Science & Statistics
- SDSS provides a unique opportunity for data scientists, computer
scientists, and statisticians to come together and exchange ideas.
in Statistics and Data Science Conference
- WSDS is tailored for women in the fields of statistics and data
science. It is geared toward women at all career levels in academia,
business, industry, and government
Conference on Health Policy Statistics
- (ICHPS), organized by the Health Policy Statistics Section of the
ASA, has played a vital role in the dissemination process of health
policy (and health services) statistics. ICHPS provides a unique forum
for discussing research needs and solutions to the methodological
challenges in the design of studies and analysis of data for health
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in statistics or
- Be a Student or Early Career member of the ASA in good standing at
the time of application
- Apply at least three months prior to the start of the ASA conference
for which the applicant is applying for support.
Winners will be announced no longer than two months prior to the
conference start date.
The winners of best paper competitions earn travel awards to JSM. The
following general policies and procedures apply to all ASA section
competitions (see individual sections at the link for further applicable
- Sections must receive all materials by December 15. Some
sections have earlier deadlines, so check each section’s website for
- Students planning to participate in section competitions must adhere
to the eligibility, paper format, submission process, and other
requirements of the sections to which they are applying.
Winners will be notified by January 15.